Take Home a Free Tree
- 410 Livonia Ave., Powell St. Garden; Brownsville, Brooklyn, NY
- Isabahlia Ladies of Elegance Foundation Inc.
- 1000 Richmond Terrace; Richmond Terrace, Staten Island, NY
- Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden
- 1368 Fulton St., Restoration Plaza; Bedford Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, NY
- Council Member Robert E. Cornegy, Jr. & Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation
Tree Giveaway - Eastern Queens Alliance’s Idlewild Park Preservation Committee & Friends of Idlewild
- 149th Ave. & Springfield Ln, Idlewild Park Preserve, Jamaica, Queens, NY (Map)
- Eastern Queens Alliance’s Idlewild Park Preservation Committee & Friends of Idlewild Park
Find all upcoming tree giveaways by visiting our calendar.
Registration links will be posted to each event’s calendar page approximately two weeks prior to the event. If registration is full, a limited quantity of trees is available on a first-come, first-served basis at the event.
As part of the MillionTreesNYC initiative, New York Restoration Project (NYRP) partners with community organizations throughout the five boroughs to give away hundreds of free trees to New Yorkers nearly every weekend of the spring and fall seasons. With the help of more than 100 community organizations NYRP has given away tens of thousands of trees to be planted in New York City! Click here to read more about our upcoming season, which is exclusively featuring fruit trees!
To pick up a free tree, you must agree to:
- plant in one of the five boroughs;
- keep trees properly watered and maintained;
- and plant your tree in the ground of your yard and NOT along streets, in city parks, in containers, terraces, balconies or on roofs.
Questions about picking up your free tree? Find the answer on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) guide.