Take Home a Free Tree
- Between 95th Ave. and Atlantic Ave., Phil "Scooter" Rizzuto Park, Queens, NY (Map)
- Richmond Hill Economic Development Council
- 1768 Bryant Avenue, Bronx, NY (Map)
- We Stay/Nos Quedamos Committee Inc. & The Office of Council Member Maria Del Carmen Arroyo
- 3-17 26th Ave., Astoria, Queens (Map)
- The New York City Compost Project hosted by Build It Green!NYC
- 387 Cumberland St., Fort Greene, Brooklyn (Map)
- Friends of South Oxford Park, Inc.
Find all upcoming tree giveaways by visiting our calendar.
Registration links will be posted to each event’s calendar page approximately two weeks prior to the event. If registration is full, a limited quantity of trees is available on a first-come, first-served basis at the event.
As part of the MillionTreesNYC initiative, New York Restoration Project (NYRP) partners with community organizations throughout the five boroughs to give away hundreds of free trees to New Yorkers nearly every weekend of the spring and fall seasons. With the help of more than 100 community organizations NYRP has given away tens of thousands of trees to be planted in New York City! Click here to read more about our upcoming season, which is exclusively featuring fruit trees!
To pick up a free tree, you must agree to:
- plant in one of the five boroughs;
- keep trees properly watered and maintained;
- and plant your tree in the ground of your yard and NOT along streets, in city parks, in containers, terraces, balconies or on roofs.
Questions about picking up your free tree? Find the answer on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) guide.