Take Home a Free Tree
March 2015 Events
- 298 Satterlee Street, Staten Island, NY (Map)
- Tottenville Civic Association and Conference House Park Conservancy
- 2925 Neptune Ave, Brooklyn, NY (Map)
- Friends of Kaiser Park Inc. & The Office of Council Member Mark Treyger
When giveaways return in the spring, registration links will be posted to each event’s calendar page approximately two weeks prior to the event. If registration is full, a limited quantity of trees is available on a first-come, first-served basis at the event.
As part of the MillionTreesNYC initiative, New York Restoration Project (NYRP) partners with community organizations throughout the five boroughs to give away hundreds of free trees to New Yorkers nearly every weekend of the spring and fall seasons. With the help of more than 100 community organizations NYRP has given away tens of thousands of trees to be planted in New York City! Click here to read more about our upcoming season, which is exclusively featuring fruit trees!
To pick up a free tree, you must agree to:
- plant in one of the five boroughs;
- keep trees properly watered and maintained;
- and plant your tree in the ground of your yard and NOT along streets, in city parks, in containers, terraces, balconies or on roofs.
Questions about picking up your free tree? Find the answer on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) guide.