Gardens for the City
Is there a community space in your neighborhood you’d like to see transformed? If so, apply for help from NYRP below. We provide support for project of various scales—from building a few vegetables beds to large-scale restoration work.
Through the Gardens for the City program, NYRP helps communities transform public spaces in New York City. We lend materials, manpower and expertise in construction, horticulture, forestry and environmental education to help create community gardens and accessible landscape in under-resourced neighborhoods.
See some of the community spaces we’ve helped transform over the years.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Submitting an application does not automatically qualify you to receive materials. We will contact you if you have been selected.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- Tree planting
- Building raised beds
- Planting annuals, perennials, and bulbs
- Green space education and training
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be located in Central Brooklyn, Northern Manhattan or South Bronx
- Engage community members
- Include plans for maintenance and long-term upkeep
INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION:
- Responses to all “Project Information” questions
- Letter of recommendation from an organization or individual that has previously worked with your school or organization
Please read the application carefully, complete it as fully as possible and follow submission deadline instructions.