Reserve a Garden
Each season (April through October), NYRP offers free events and workshops in our gardens across NYC – and you can too. Host public events, such as community celebrations, educational workshops, or other public programs in our gardens. There is no cost to use the space, but gardens must remain open and accessible to the public at all times.
Interested in hosting your next public event in an NYRP garden? Complete the NYRP event form, below, at least two weeks before your event. Submission of the form does not equal event confirmation, a member of the Engagement team will contact you to finalize event information and to confirm availability. If you have any questions, you can contact Engagement at 212-333-2552. The garden season begins in April and ends in October; NYRP staff work hand-in-hand with garden members to open the gardens. Garden members are volunteers from the community, coordination will take place during the gardening season.
NOTE: This form is only to reserve space in a NYRP community garden that is ideal to host an event. To reserve space located in one of the public parks we maintain in Northern Manhattan (including the Riley-Levin Children's Garden, Swindler Cove in Sherman Creek Park and others) you will need to obtain a permit from the NYC Department of Parks and Recreation.
Garden event policies:
- Only one event may be held in the garden at any time.
- Garden gates must remain open to the public during all events.
- No fee may be charged to reserve or enter any NYRP garden.
- Event hosts are responsible for acquiring sound or other applicable permits.
- Smoking, drugs, and/or alcohol are not permitted in the gardens.
- All events must end by 7pm. All persons and event materials must be removed from the garden and the garden gates must be locked no later than 8pm.
- Event hosts are responsible for leaving the garden clean and in order.
- A sound permit must be acquired from the city for any event that will have music at a loud volume.
Complete and submit the following form no later than 2 weeks in advance of your event. Submission of the form is not confirmation of your reservation. NYRP staff will be in contact with you to confirm your event reservation. Coordination for reserving a garden occur during the garden season, April through October.