Industry: Non‐Profit – Environmental
Reports to: Development Partnerships Coordinator
Date posted: September 15, 2017
Start Date: January 22nd, 2018
Schedule: Average of 15 hours per week; 3.5 month term with ability to extend through the summer.
Classification: Unpaid Internship
NYRP improves, maintains, and programs open spaces in communities lacking adequate resources. Working on public and private land citywide, NYRP’s flexible approach to land management serves as a model for non-profit municipal engagement. Together with partners in city agencies, non-profit organizations, and local communities, NYRP demonstrates the social and environmental value of building ownership over open spaces.
NYRP is seeking a dynamic, bright, and driven individual with an outgoing attitude to assist with outdoor volunteer events for between 10 and 250 employees. Responsibilities will include coordinating volunteer projects, fulfilling social media benefits, processing partner materials, data maintenance, and updating promotional tools. This internship is ideal for those interested in development, event planning and marketing. It is an unpaid internship that can satisfy university credit.
- Assist in developing and executing volunteer events, including coordinating with Operations and Community Engagement departments to plan event; preparing and setting up materials, and assisting with all event related tasks
- Take photos and promote our partners on social media
- Help with data maintenance and updating promotional tools
- Process agreements, calendar invitations, invoices, waivers and other paperwork related to the events
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Strong orientation toward logistics and attention detail
- Ability to communicate professionally and sensitively with volunteers, donors, and vendors.
- Collaborative within a team-driven process, but also confident working independently.
- Experience in program management and events planning strongly preferred.
- Interested in the environment, social justice, communications, or event planning
- Photography, video editing, multimedia and graphic design skills a plus, though not necessary
Benefits of NYRP Internship
Gain professional work experience in an area related to your degree;
Work in a positive, fast-paced, well-balanced environment;
Opportunity to work on various initiatives in development and events;
- Add to your resume
- Unpaid Internship for college credit; average of 15 hours per week.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.