Construction Project Manager
Industry: Not‐for‐Profit – Environmental
Reports to: Director of Construction
Date posted: December 19, 2017
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start date: Effective Immediately
New York Restoration Project (NYRP) carries out Founder Bette Midler’s dream of a cleaner, greener New York City. Known as the “conservancy of forgotten places,” NYRP restores, revitalizes and develops under-resourced parks and community gardens throughout the five boroughs, working to ensure that every New York City resident, family and neighborhood has access to vibrant, green spaces. NYRP is seeking a qualified professional to design, manage, and implement in-house and consultant capital reconstruction projects in a collaborative work environment.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in construction administration & management
- Technical degree preferred, but not required.
- Field construction experience, with an understanding of construction trades and work flow.
- Working proficiency with sourcing trades, bid process, and payments.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Commitment to creative problem solving and collaboration across the organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Function in the support role to implement NYRP capital projects, including:
- Oversee and report on day-to-day construction activities
- Prepare bid packages, secure pricing, and evaluate proposals
- Coordinate ordering and delivery of owner-supplied materials
- Maintain relationships with contractors, trades, and suppliers
- Capable of hands-on engagement with contractors to ensure compliance with contract documents
- Assist with construction administration including submittals, payments, and expense tracking
- Supervise selected consultants such as soil testing, geotechnical engineers, and permit expeditors
- Coordinate with other NYRP departments including volunteer or corporate events
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.