Accounting Associate – Accounts Payable - Contract Administration
Industry: Not‐for‐Profit – Environmental
Reports to: Director of Finance
Date posted: December 20, 2017
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start date: Effective Immediately
Classification: Non- exempt
Schedule: 40 Hours
NYRP improves, maintains, and programs open spaces in communities lacking adequate resources. Working on public and private land citywide, NYRP’s flexible approach to land management serves as a model for non-profit municipal engagement. Together with partners in city agencies, non-profit organizations, and local communities, NYRP demonstrates the social and environmental value of building ownership over open spaces.
Qualifications and Skills
Ideal candidate should have an accounting degree, at least 2 years of experience and be a team player with excellent organization and communications skills. Proficiency with Excel and Word are necessary.
Knowledge of Financial Edge accounting software is a plus. Experience with construction industry accounting and billing is a plus.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing accounts payable and maintaining vendor files;
- Record journal entries for credit card payments;
- Oversee daily bank deposits;
- Record cash receipts in the general ledger;
- Monthly reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts;
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules and financial statements;
- Oversee compliance with all tax requirements, including payroll taxes, 1099’s, and others as required;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all organization accounts; ensure that all reconciling items are resolved on a timely basis;
- Daily monitoring and reporting on cash position and fund transfers to ensure adequate data to manage cash flow;
- Record accounts receivable and collaborate with Development team to ensure receivables are accurate and received on a timely basis;
- Assist in payroll processing;
- Perform account analysis as requested by Director of Finance;
- Support construction/ government contract management and administrative functions
- Contract tracking support, scheduling payments, invoicing, and payment support documentation inclusive of planning spreadsheets;
- Cash needs planning and laisse responsibilities for contracts, construction and finance
- Perform other duties as assigned;
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.